Benefits of Underfloor Central Heating
- Ideal heat distribution for human body (warmest at feet, coolest near head)
- Suitable for all floor types and takes the chill off polished concrete and tiled floors
- Options available for new and existing homes
- Heats your home silently with no forced air circulation
- Different zones can be set to different temperatures
- Optional WiFi system control via smartphone app for iOS and Android
- Eliminates the need for radiators, which in turn offers greater design flexibility when it comes to layout and furniture placement
What is Underfloor Heating?
Underfloor heating involves the installation of pipework in the floor, so that the whole floor acts like a radiator, silently warming the room from the ground up. The pipework is concealed within the floor and is filled with warm water and powered by a boiler or heat pump.
All underfloor heating systems use a manifold. The manifold provides flow and return circulation of warm water at the correct temperature and flow rate to ensure an even, comfortable floor temperature throughout your home. The manifold is best positioned centrally within your home. This keeps underfloor pipe circuit lengths to a minimum, helping to balance the system and control the temperatures within the rooms.
The manifold, which is contained in its own cabinet, is ideally situated within an airing cupboard, utility or cloak room and should be accessible for maintenance and servicing.
A combination of both underfloor and radiator heating can be installed within a home.
Our Underfloor Heating Products
Multitubo Underfloor Piping
Multitubo polyethylene pipe has raised temperature resistance specifically for underfloor heating application and has a product life in excess of 50 years.
VarioComp Floor Heating System
The VarioComp Floor Heating System by Variotherm can be laid over solid or timber floors making it an excellent choice for renovations. VarioComp sits on top of the concrete slab and uses water-filled pipes to carry warmth throughout the home.